44 South Broadway,
White Plains NY 10601
Vincent Briganti, a partner of the firm, is an internationally recognized lawyer and a leader of the class action bar. Under his guidance, the firm has earned its position as one of the top plaintiffs Commodities Litigation derivative manipulation and antitrust class action firms in the world. Securities Litigation
Head of the firm’s Complex Commodities, Futures, and Derivatives Litigation practice group News
- Mr. Briganti is currently prosecuting as Lead Counsel numerous class Testimonials actions against global banking institutions involving antitrust, commodities fraud, and RICO claims relating to alleged manipulation of financial benchmarks, including the London Interbank Offered Rate (“LIBOR”)
- for the Japanese Yen, Swiss Franc and Pound Sterling, the Euroyen Tokyo Interbank Offered Rate (“TIBOR”), the Euro Interbank Offered Rate (“Euribor”), the Singapore Interbank Offered Rate
(“SIBOR”) and the Singapore Swap Offer Rate (“SOR”), the Australian Bank Bill Reference Rate (“BBSW”), and the London Silver Fixing (“Silver Fix”).
- Mr. Briganti’s unique expertise in commodity and derivative matters was recently recognized when he was appointed as allocation counsel for the over-the-counter investor class in the multi-billion dollar In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation pending before Judge Schofield in the Southern District of New York. Mr. Briganti also currently serves as lead trial counsel for the TeraExchange Group in an action charging global financial institutions with antitrust violations in the multi-trillion dollar credit default swap market.
- Tera Group Inc et al v. Citigroup Inc et al, Case No. 17-04302 (S.D.N.Y)(Sullivan, J.).
- Over the course of his career, Mr. Briganti has litigated the most important and complex commodity manipulation actions since the enactment of the Commodity Exchange Act (“CEA”), including In re Sumitomo Copper Litigation, Master File No. 96 CV 4854 (S.D.N.Y.) (Pollack, J.),
- In re Natural Gas Commodity Litigation, Case No. 03 Civ. 6186 (S.D.N.Y.)(Marrero, J.),
- Hershey v. Pacific Inv. Management Co. LLC, Case No. 1:05-cv-04681 (N.D. Ill.)(Guzman, J.),
- In re Amaranth Natural Gas Commodity Litigation, Case No. 07 Civ. 6377 (S.D.N.Y.)(Scheindlin, J.),
- In re Optiver Commodities Litigation, Case No. 08-cv-6842 (S.D.N.Y.)(Preska, J.).
- Mr. Briganti continues to actively represent investors in commodity futures manipulation cases, including as Lead Counsel in a class action against Kraft Foods Group and Mondelez Global for manipulation of the wheat futures market. Ploss v. Kraft Foods Group, Inc. et al.
Case No. 15-cv-2937 (N.D. Ill.) (Chang, J.).
- Other notable achievements of Mr. Briganti include when on behalf of Federated Investors, one of the nation’s largest investment managers with over $363 billion in assets under management, he obtained emergency injunctive relief to prevent the Government of Argentina from canceling outstanding bonds with a face value of more than $500 million, which had been erroneously tendered by holders of those bonds. Federated Investment Management Company, et al., v. Republic of Argentina, et al., 10 Civ. 4324 (S.D.N.Y. 2010)(Griesa, J.).
Mr. Briganti is admitted to both the New York and Connecticut
State bars and is a member of the bars of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd and 8th Circuits, and U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
B.A. honors, Iona College (1993); J.D. honors New York Law School (1996);
senior editor of the New York Law School Journal of International and Comparative Law