Unparalleled Experience Litigating the Healthcare Industry in NY & PA
Let our service-oriented team protect your interests
Lowey Dannenberg, P.C. is recognized among the nation's premier litigation firms for health benefit providers. Our skills in this area are recognized by some of the largest health benefit companies in the United States, including Aetna, CIGNA, Humana and Anthem (formerly known as WellPoint). Whether you are seeking to recover overcharges for prescription drugs, other medical products or services, recover liens or in need of solid commercial litigators, Lowey Dannenberg can meet your needs, particularly in the fields of:
- Drug and Device Price Manipulation - Recovering overcharges from prescription drug and medical device price manipulation
- Defective Drugs and Products - Litigating on behalf of insurers to recover overpayments for defective drugs and medical products
- Lien Recovery - Prosecuting and settling lien reimbursements and lien recovery cases
- Class Action Defense - Representing insurers facing threatened or existing class actions in state and federal courts
A lengthy track record of healthcare success
Our experience in the healthcare industry is unrivaled and our case record speaks to Lowey Dannenberg's depth of experience. Among our many successes are:
- America’s Health Insurance Plans, the national trade association representing the health insurance industry, retained Lowey Dannenberg to represent it before the United States Supreme Court as amicus curiae in the seminal case Federal Trade Commission v. Actavis, 570 U.S. 756 (2013).The firm advocated in favor of antitrust scrutiny of “pay-for-delay” settlements and showed how “pay-for-delay” reverse payment settlements harm health insurers and other third party payers such as self-funded employer sponsored ERISA plans, and those who receive their coverage from such insurers and plans.
- Arguing and winning a landmark decision for Humana establishing Medicare Advantage organizations’ reimbursement recovery rights under the Medicare Secondary Payer Act.
- Representing a group of health benefits plan providers in settlement negotiations with McKesson that resulted in a $350 million settlement and subsequent allocation mediation with counsel representing consumer class members, resulting in allocation of $285 million of the settlement award to TPPs.
- Representing Aetna, Humana, Emblem and healthcare subrogation servicer Rawlings & Co., and winning dismissal of three class action lawsuits alleging that New York G.O.L 5-335 voided health benefit plans' subrogation and reimbursements rights in New York.
- Serving as third party payer allocation counsel for an $89 million Bextra® settlement.
- A $65 million settlement with Merck after Lowey Dannenberg prosecuted claims for fraudulent marketing of Vioxx®.
- Prosecuting and settling reimbursement liens on behalf of more than 40 health insurers against a $4.85 billion Vioxx settlement fund.
- Winning dismissal of a class action against Aetna, Inc., Rawlings & Co. and Coach, Inc. alleging violations of ERISA and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
If you or your institution has been harmed, nationally-recognized Lowey Dannenberg has the experience needed to handle your complex litigation needs. Speak with an attorney at our offices in New York or Pennsylvania online or at 914-997-0500.