On May 2, 2019, following a contested application for lead counsel involving four other prominent law firms, Judge Jed S. Rakoff appointed Lowey Dannenberg and Scott + Scott as interim co-lead class counsel in the consolidated class action In re GSE Bonds Antitrust Litigation, 19-cv-1704 (S.D.N.Y.). The case alleges that some of the world’s largest financial institutions conspired to fix the prices of bonds issued by government-sponsored entities, including Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Lowey Upholds Certification of the Class In CHS Securities Class Action; Sixth Circuit Rejects Defendants’ Petition
- Associate Amir Alimehri Appointed to NJ Superior Court’s Advisory Committee on Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement
- Vincent Briganti Named Antitrust Litigation SuperLawyer
- Lowey Appointed Co-Lead Counsel in Merrill, BofA, and Morgan Stanley Spoofing Case
- Lowey Secures $307 Million Recovery for Yen LIBOR and Euroyen TIBOR Investors