Associate Amir Alimehri has been appointed by the Honorable Sallyanne Floria, A.J.S.C. to a two-year term on the Essex Vicinage Advisory Committee on Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement. This committee has a long history dating back to 1983 when a group of minority probation officers met with Chief Justice Robert N. Wilentz to share concerns about the experiences of minorities in the judiciary. That meeting led to the creation of the Supreme Court Task Force on Minority Concerns and the Supreme Court Committee on Minority Concerns, which is complemented by the work of the Advisory Committees. The Advisory Committees are tasked with advising the Assignment Judges about issues affecting minorities in the court. They are also tasked with implementing recommendations of the Supreme Court’s Committee on Minority Concerns.
- Lowey Upholds Certification of the Class In CHS Securities Class Action; Sixth Circuit Rejects Defendants’ Petition
- Associate Amir Alimehri Appointed to NJ Superior Court’s Advisory Committee on Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement
- Vincent Briganti Named Antitrust Litigation SuperLawyer
- Lowey Appointed Co-Lead Counsel in Merrill, BofA, and Morgan Stanley Spoofing Case
- Lowey Secures $307 Million Recovery for Yen LIBOR and Euroyen TIBOR Investors