Trusted Experience and Proficiency Litigating Securities Fraud
Billions of dollars recovered for our victimized clients
Litigating cases of investment and securities fraud since the 1960's, we have accrued ample experience. This respected experience leads clients to highly value our consultation process for securities litigation. We review all aspects of your case, including timing and magnitude of losses, and determine the best course of action, which may include:
- Leading a class action litigation
- Pursuing separate or opt-out claims
- Evaluating alternate theories
- Monitoring portfolios and providing ongoing advice
Superlative success recovering funds
Lowey Dannenberg Cohen & Hart, P.C. will ensure that you or your institution will take the best route to ensure maximized success. Some examples of our exemplary results with past clients include:
- Obtaining, as lead counsel, a $219 million settlement of a Madoff feeder fund case.
- A $169.5 million settlement of options backdating fraud litigation against Juniper Networks and others, led by Lowey Dannenberg as lead counsel for major public pension funds.
- As co-lead Counsel, recovering $69 million for stockholders of Affiliated Computer Services on the eve of trial, by challenging the terms of the ACS merger with Xerox.
- Obtaining a temporary restraining order for mutual funds enjoining the Republic of Argentina from canceling $60 million face value of bonds erroneously tendered.
- Approval from the California District Court of a securities class action settlement of Luminent Mortgage Capital, Inc. in the midst of a bankruptcy.
- Achieving a $79.75 million recovery for class of United States investors in Philip Services Corp securities.
- Recovering $78.7 million for an opt-out client from WorldCom securities fraud.
Resources to litigate a variety of investor issues
Among the various aspects of investor fraud in which we have recovered money for clients are:
- Securities Litigation – Recovering for acts and practices that deceive investors or otherwise violate securities laws
- Merger Contest - Protecting shareholder value in the event of unfair merger
- Shareholder Rights - Working with investors to protect their shareholder rights and counteract unethical business practices by corporate leaders
- Commodities Manipulation - Fighting violations of the Commodity Exchange Act
- Broker Dealer Litigation – Recovering from broker-dealers, investment advisers, financial planners, and other securities industry professionals preying on investors
If you or your institution has been harmed, nationally-recognized Lowey Dannenberg has the experience needed to handle your complex litigation needs. Speak with an attorney at our offices in New York or Pennsylvania online or at 914-997-0500.